Tuesday 17 February 2015

Seaplane Trip up East Coast Tasmania

Books have kind of gone out the window though my sister in law seems to be able to get some reading done. She was able to finish Olive Kitteridge. I read this book several years ago when it came out and loved it. We also watched the BBC production of the mini series last week. We thought it stuck to the book pretty well and was very good. Frances McDormand was excellent as Olive.














She is currently reading Isablle Allende's book Maya's Notebook. She has another Isabelle Allende book coming up with her Canadian book group so this is a good introduction to Allende.

I am reading Pat Conroy's Beach Music still but it is dragging still. I think I will probably give it up and move to something lighter. I am finding it too hard to concentrate with days currently filled with activities of company.  It isn't often we get company down here in Tasmania as we are so far from everyone in North America so we tend to overdo it when someone does visit.  I'll be catching up with books in March.

Today we took a Seaplane trip from the waterfront of Hobart up the east coast of Tasmania to Wine Glass Bay in the Coles Bay area. Lonely Planet has named these beaches as the  number one beaches in the world. Can't get much better than that.

The plane landed at the beach and we hopped out of the plane, walked to the beach, had some morning tea and biscuits and then back in the plane for the return trip.  It was very misty out and the shoreline was absolutely stunning. I have put a few photos here.

We still have a couple more day trips to do before our sister/sister-in-law returns home. I hope we last that long as we are all exhausting ourselves with fun.




5 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved the vicarious trip I just took on "your" seaplane! What a view, what scenery! (I'm also a great fan of Isabel Allende, didn't know of this book of hers so thanks for that, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you. It is always funny how we never see the places we live until someone else visits us and then we become a tourists. My tourist days end in another week and I'll be back with the books I hope. I am starting to miss my normal routines and structures.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it a little strange how guilty we readers feel about not reading, especially when what we're doing instead can only be called living. It's not like you gave up books for re-runs of bad television, you have things to do.

    So why do we feel guilty about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. I guess people who have always had routines and structures in their life aren't sure how to feel when bigger changes come along. I do get my routines back though in another week. Good to hear from you.

      Delete
  3. great blog and beautiful place..thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.