I continue to think about books and goals for 2015. I want to set up some structure but not too much. If I have too much I won't do it. It will be stressful. In reading many blogs from my blogroll I have come across this challenge and I really like it. It only involves 6 books minimum for the year, it would apply to my Century of Books as well and I can use my TBR books I own.
The main priority for 2015 is the TBR dare. I am going to really get stuck into books on my shelves. This could fit in nicely as I have a pile of Penguins Classics and Penguin Modern Classics.
So I think now what is setting up to be pretty firm reading goals for 2015 is: TBR books, Continuing with my Century of Books and this Back To The Classics Challenge.
I am looking forward to the new year and reading all these beautiful books I own.
Are any of you doing any challenges for 2015?
hosted by Karen @ Books and Chocolate
These books must come from my TBR pile I already own.
The Goal - to read a minimum of six classics between 1 Jan - 31 Dec 1015 .
1. A 19th Century Classic — any book published between 1800 and 1899.
2. A 20th Century Classic – any book published between 1900 and 1965.
Just like last year, all books must have been published at least 50 years ago to qualify
as a classic.
3. A Classic by a Woman Author.
4. A Classic in Translation.
5. A Very Long Classic Novel — a single work of 500 pages or longer.
6. A Classic Novella — any work shorter than 250 pages.
7. A Classic with a Person’s Name in the Title.
8. A Humorous or Satirical Classic.
9. A Forgotten Classic. This could be a lesser-known work by a famous author, or a classic
that nobody reads any more.
10. A Nonfiction Classic. A memoir, biography, essays, travel, this can be any nonfiction
work that’s considered a classic, or a nonfiction work by a classic author.
11. A Classic Children’s Book.
12. A Classic Play.
For more info check out the link above.