Monday 24 November 2014

2015 TBR Challenge

I decided awhile ago I wasn't going to do any more challenges because I lose interest in them too quickly.
  However, Roof Beam Reader (here) has announced the 6th TBR (To Be Read) Challenge for 2015. The following is the challenge as it reads on that website.

The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
Specifics:
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2014 or later (any book published in the year 2013 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
2. To be eligible, you must sign-up with Mr. Linky below – link to your list (so create it ahead of time!) and add updated links to each book’s review. Books must be read and must be reviewed (doesn’t have to be too fancy) in order to count as completed.
3. The link you post in the Mr. Linky below must be to your “master list” (see mine below). This is where you will keep track of your books completed, crossing them out and/or dating them as you go along, and updating the list with the links to each review (so there’s one easy, convenient way to find your list and all your reviews for the challenge). See THIS LINK for an idea of what I mean. Your complete and final list must be posted by January 15th, 2015.
I will have no trouble finding books on my shelf that were published before 2014. Most have been on it for more than a year. However there are two differences I am adding to my challenge.
Time to read my own books
I will promise to read 15 books in the year from my shelves and I am not going to list them ahead of time. I have too much of a problem with listing books now for those books I will read next year. I will simply have a list of 15 spaces and I will fill the spaces as I go. I love reading according to my mood, my interest level and also in line with how much energy I have. Some weeks I don't have the energy for a heavy duty classic, other weeks that is all I want to read. As long as I finish the 15 books I don't think this should matter. I will talk about the books as I go.  I am looking forward to 2015 reading year and I hope to do okay with this challenge. I often feel guilty I have so many wonderful books and I still bring them home from the second hand shop or the library. Time to toughen up and read what I have. I am hoping this challenge will keep me on track. I'll look forward to seeing how other bloggers are going too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.