Saturday 16 November 2013

Jack London Book Illustrations - First Edition covers.

This is the second part of my short Jack London series. If you have missed it you can read it in the previous post.  Jack London was introduced to me at a very young age. His name was always around us growing up in Michigan even though he was a Californian. His books appealed to young and old and the stories of Call of the Wild and White Fang were harsh introductions into the wildnerness that was north of our country. Stories of the Yukon were always popular with kids and not only the boys. I loved them though they weren't always easy stories. Especially if you loved animals the way I did.

The Jack London Historic site has published a calendar for 2014 and illustrated it with his first edition book covers.  I really enjoyed looking at all of them so thought I would share them in the event there may be other Jack London fans out there.  So if you're not a Jack London fan then stop here but if you enjoy book covers from the early 1900's have a look.














3 comments:

  1. I also just discovered the JL Park even though I have been a big fan of his for years, so very envious of you going there. I live in Wales so one day. I wanted to buy a copy of the calendar but couldn't see a way on their website. Do you have a link? Mandi, PCS member and bookshop owner, Beaumaris, Anglesey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I googled JL State Historic Park and found a contact. It is as follows: Thanks for dropping by.

      Jack London State Historic Park
      2400 London Ranch Road, Glen Ellen, CA 95442

      707-938-5216
      info@jacklondonpark.com


      Susan St. Marie
      Associate Director, Program and Volunteer Management
      707-938-4827
      sstmarie@jacklondonpark.com

      Delete
    2. Cheers, I will give it a go. Blowing a gale here that JL would have been proud of, snow and hailstorms already. Could be a long winter.

      Delete

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.